An accepted NordVal International validation assures test kits users and producers that an independent assessment of a kit’s performance characteristics is found to be in compliance with its claims, demonstrating equal performance with its reference method.
The persons involved in the validation and in the reviewing process are independent, i.e. they are not involved in sale or production of the alternative method of interest or any "competing" method.
NordVal International offers:
- A user-friendly validation protocol
- Scientific confirmation policies
- Specified acceptance criteria
- Independent and rapid approval procedures
- Guidance in the validation process
In March 2007, the secretariat of NordVal was taken over by NMKL, the Nordic Committee on Food Analysis.
Hilde Skår Norli, Norway, is the chairman of NordVal International.